As mentioned last week I've been working away at the Voxel Editor program. Been adding so many new features that it's high time I shared them here to get feedback from people. As always the program can be found at the bottom of this post :P
Current screenshot of Editor
The schematic shown here is a replica of a cool build by MCNoodlor, their stuff is great and worth checking out :D Hopefully the rest of the interface appears correctly in the program when you run it. If it doesn't let me know!
Summary of additions for version 0.3
- Slice view now uses Minecraft textures
- Slice view also shows lower layers faded out with current layer highlighted
- Overview uses Minecraft isometric blocks and can be rotated
- Schematic is not limited to having equal length, width, height anymore
- All blocks from classic Minecraft!
- Toggle between topdown view and large isometric view
- Function to trim empty space from schematic edges
At this juncture there are a number of different possibilities for future development and it can be a little hard to decide on what to add next. More powerful editing tools? A full 3D render? All of the Blocks in current Minecraft? Even a full revamp of the entire interface? So much to do : 3