Thursday 8 October 2015

Prototype Character Generator

Character Generator Been chatting to a friend of mine about procedural content generation in games, got to talking about creating characters in such a manner for Dungeons and Dragons. The idea would be to play the role of the leader of an adventuring guild sending parties of random adventurers into similarly random dungeons :)

I do so enjoy creating procedural programs so I said I'd be happy to help out. We'll probably explore this idea in a pen and paper format but I went and coded a prototype of a browser-based character generator. The results are very simplistic but its oddly compelling to see what the program will produce.

If you come across an amusing combination do let me know!

DnD Character Generator (prototype)


No comments:

Post a Comment